The Writing Engine
The Writing Engine: A Practical Guide to Writing Motivation
My eBook, The Writing Engine: A Practical Guide to Writing Motivation, is now available for free download: just click here.
The Writing Engine is 80 pages of useful, uncommon information on motivation for writers, based on research and on the experience of successful writers. It’s freely available to copy and share under a Creative Commons license. If you post it, share it, forward it, or mention it, I’ll be uncommonly grateful.
10 reasons to read The Writing Engine right now
1. For any writing motivation problem, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to find an immediate solution in the Motivation Troubleshooter section
2. It’s organized in small, well-labeled chunks of information that are convenient for reading even when you just have a few minutes
3. You can dive into any part that looks interesting without having to have read what comes before
4. It’s free, which other than “they pay you” is the best of all possible prices
5. The Writing Motivation Cheat Sheet at the end summarizes the whole book. You can look at it to see exactly what the book has to tell you before having to read the book, if you like.
6. If you don’t read this book now, you might not do it later, and then you’ll never reap the benefits
7. Even though this book covers the subject of writing motivation thoroughly, it’s much shorter than a regular book, so it won’t take you long to read
8. There are funny parts. And where else do you get to see a photograph of Emily Dickinson white water kayaking?
9. The Writing Engine is based heavily on recent research, much of which you won’t have heard about in any other writing book or article. Some of the contents of this eBook will be new to you even if you are already a successful writer, a research psychologist, and/or a regular reader of my blog.
10. If you try using even a few of the techniques from this book, you’ll earn back the time spent reading it in a very short period
11. You get extra, bonus material, like the additional bullet items in this list. I only promised you 10 items, yet I’m delivering 16. Seriously: if anything, I’m underselling this stuff
12. Much of the knowledge you’ll get from this eBook about writing motivation applies to other parts of life, including health, relationships, learning, and happiness
13. The book will point you to a lot of practical, informative material on the Willpower Engine site that may interest you
14. You may have friends who could really use this eBook. If you find it useful, you could pass it on with a recommendation, and it might be useful to them and cause them to feel grateful toward you
15. You can read the book in pieces, in order or out of order, whenever you need a boost to your writing motivation
16. If you need writing motivation right this minute, you can use the Emergency Writing Motivation Techniques section